MADISON, Wis. - Badger softball exploded Wednesday at Goodman Diamond. In a doubleheader against North Dakota, Wisconsin scored a combined 28 runs. UW won both games, 11-2 and 17-1.
Seniors Mary Massei, Michelle Mueller, and Stephanie Peace combined for 10 hits, 16 RBI, and five home runs.
In game one, the Badgers started fast. In the first inning, they batted around and scored six runs. They cruised to an 11-2 win.
Game two was "same song, different verse" as UW scored eight runs in the first inning. They continued the onslaught, scoring nine more to win it 17-1.
With the sweep, Wisconsin improves to 19-15. They host Illinois this weekend.
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game