MILWAUKEE - The NCAA tournament third-round game between seventh-seeded Oregon and second-seeded Wisconsin will have a decidedly hometown feel Saturday night.
Expect the Badgers (27-7) to have a bevy of backers again at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee. It's a virtual home game for Wisconsin since its campus in Madison is barely an 80-mile drive down Interstate 94.
The Ducks (24-9) have their own local draw with Milwaukee native Elgin Cook. The sophomore forward's father is former NBA All-Star Alvin Robertson, who also played at the Bradley Center while with the Milwaukee Bucks in the 1990s.
Cook had a smashing debut in Oregon's second-round win over BYU after scoring 23 points.
Oregon likes to play in transition. Wisconsin held American to 34 percent shooting in its NCAA opener.
The Wisconsin-Oregon game will be televised on CBS and WISC TV at approximately 6:45 pm CT Saturday night.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB