INDIANAPOLIS - The Wisconsin Badger men's basketball team will face Minnesota in the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament in Indianapolis Friday.
The Gophers advanced to the semifinals by beating Penn State 63-56 in a first round game Thursday evening.
Austin Hollins scored 18 points and DeAndre Mathieu added 13 as the Gophers survived an off night by Andre Hollins who scored only nine points.
Minnesota had an 11-point lead early in the second half, but Penn State got within three, 59-56.
But Andre Hollins hit a big three point shot to give the Gophers some breathing room and they held on for the win.
D.J. Newbill led Penn State with 16 points and seven rebounds. The Nittany Lions end their season with a 15-17 record.
The Gophers and Badgers will play their semifinal game at 5:30 pm CT Friday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The teams split two meetings in the Big Ten regular season - both teams won on their home court.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job