MADISON - The Wisconsin Badger football team is ranked 22nd in the final Associated Press college football poll of the season released Tuesday.
Wisconsin finished the season 9-4 with a 34-24 loss to South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl New Year's Day. The Gamecocks are ranked fourth in the final AP Poll.
Arizona State, which defeated Wisconsin 32-30 in a controvertial finish in September, is one place ahead of the Badgers in 21st in the AP Poll.
The Badgers are 21st in the final ESPN/USA Today Coaches' poll.
National Champion Florida State and runner-up Auburn finished first and second in the AP poll with Rose Bowl and Big Ten champion Michigan State coming in third.
FINAL AP COLLEGE FOOTBALL POLL
1. Florida State
3. Michigan State
4. South Carolina
12. Ohio State
17. Oklahoma State
18. Texas A & M
20. Notre Dame
21. Arizona State
- Thunder's Kanter wants to be US citizen, getting death threats
- Bryant smacks 2 HRs to back Arrieta; Cubs rout Brewers 13-6
- Badgers fall short in NCAA Regional Championship
- Bradley's 3-pointer gives Celtics 111-108 win over Cavs
- Brewers 1B Eric Thames leaves Cubs game with leg cramping
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun activated from 10-day DL