MADISON - Losses to Northwestern and Ohio State last week have dropped the Wisconsin Badger men's basketball team out of the Associated Press top 25 rankings released Monday.
Wisconsin was ranked as high as third in the nation just three weeks ago and 14th last week but the Badgers have lost five of their last six games to fall to 17-5 overall and 4-5 in the Big Ten.
The Badgers received votes to essentially be 26th in the poll.
Ohio State, despite the win over Wisconsin Saturday at the Kohl Center, also dropped out of the top 25. Ohio State also received votes and is one spot behind the Badgers.
Arizona lost its first game of the season at California last week and also fell out of the number one ranking. Undefeated Syracuse is now the unanimous number one in the AP Poll.
ASSOCIATED PRESS MEN'S BASKETBALL POLL (Monday, February 3, 2014)
4. Wichita State
5. San Diego State
9. Michigan State
13. St. Louis
16. Iowa State
19. Oklahoma State
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game