MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Badger women's basketball team got past a slow start and defeated Milwaukee 85-60 at the Klotsche Center in Milwaukee Thursday night.
The Badgers led 32-28 at halftime, then scored 53 points in the second half.
Michala Johnson led Wisconsin with 21 points. Jackie Gulczynski added 14 points and 13 rebounds while Taylor Wurtz also had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Angela Rodriguez had 18 points to pace the Panthers.
Wisconsin is now 2-0 on the season, Milwaukee drops to 0-1.
The Badgers' next game is Sunday against Northern Illinois at the Kohl Center at 2 pm.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job