CHICAGO - Coach Bret Bielema, Montee Ball, Mike Taylor and Ricky Wagner represented the University of Wisconsin football team at Big Ten Football Media Day Thursday in Chicago.
Bielema said he welcomes the high expectations surrounding his team because it's a sign of respect.
Wisconsin will be going for a third straight trip to the Rose Bowl in 2012.
Heisman Trophy candidate Montee Ball also announced that he's going to be using the actual pronunciation of his first name this season.
Ball's first name is pronounced "Mon-TAY'" and that's how he'd like to be addressed this season.
Ball said if he'd win the Heisman it would be more of a team award than an individual one. He said it would be a credit to his offensive line, fullback and wide receivers who will open the holes in the opposing defenses.
The Badgers will report to fall camp Aug. 5. The season opening game is Sept. 1 at Camp Randall against Northern Iowa.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot