PLAYA DEL CARMEN, MEXICO - Traevon Jackson scored 16 points to lead the Wisconsin Badger men's basketball team to a 63-57 win over St. Louis in the Cancun Challenge Tuesday night.
Frank Kaminsky added 12 points, eight rebounds and four blocks as the 10th-ranked Badgers moved their record to 7-0 on the season.
Wisconsin led at halftime 31-23 before the Billikens closed the gap to 56-51 with a minute left. But Jackson made four free throws to seal the win.
The Badgers will face West Virginia in the tournament championship Wednesday night at 8:30 Madison time. The Mountaineers defeated Old Dominion 78-60 in the first game of the evening.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame