MADISON - Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is staying quiet when it comes to his starting quarterback for the No. 14 Badgers' season opener against LSU.
While Andersen is refusing to announce a starter for the position, running back Melvin Gordon says dual-threat Tanner McEvoy will behind center for the game against the 13th-ranked Tigers on Saturday.
Gordon says "They're going with Tanner. Obviously I hope Tanner plays well and I wish the best for Tanner and I hope he can lead our team."
McEvoy has been competing with incumbent Joel Stave for the top job. Stave started all 13 games last season, passing for 2,494 yards and 22 touchdowns.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot