Wisconsin Badgers head football coach Gary Andersen said linebacker Chris Borland may get the chance to kick long field goals when the Badgers play at Illinois Saturday night.
's Jack Russell will be the primary kicker on field goals and extra points, but if there's a long field goal attempt, don't be surprised if Borland gets a shot.
"We're completely serious, Chris Borland is completely in the mix, so we'll see where that goes," said Andersen. "If we're going to try a long one, it's probably Chris Borland- as crazy as that may seem - probably 45 (yards) plus."
Borland has some kicking experience with the Badgers. In his freshman season in 2009, he kicked three extra points in a game at Hawaii.
The Badgers play at Illinois at 7 pm Saturday night.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot