SPRINGDALE, AR - Wisconsin Badger wide receiver Jared Abbrederis won the Burlesworth Trophy Monday given to the nation's most outstanding player who began his career as a walk-on.
Abbrederis, who's from Wautoma, WI, was a semifinalist for the award last year.
He's tied for second in touchdown receptions at Wisconsin with 23 and is also second in receiving yards with 3,110.
This season, Abbrederis led the Badgers with 73 receptions for a career-high 1,051 yards and seven touchdowns.
Abbrederis was a consensus All-Big Ten first team pick and became the first Badger to earn first team all-conference honors since Al Toon in 1983-84.
Other semifinalists for the Burlsworth Trophy were Max Copeland of Missouri and Trey Watts of Tulsa.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot