NOTES: Wisconsin, which reached the Big Ten semifinals for the second straight year, also recorded its fourth win over a Top 10 team. The Badgers now have a school record seven wins over Top 25 teams this season. ... It was a tale of two halves on Friday vs. Michigan, as Wisconsin had a season-low 17 points and hit 17.2 percent in the first half, and then collected a season-high 51 points on 60.7 percent shooting in the second. ... No. 3 ranked Indiana, regular season champion and the top Big Ten tournament seed, will make the NCAA tournament with a high seed, but saw its chances for a top seed vanish with Saturday's loss. ... The Hoosiers are 7-1 against nationally ranked teams and 5-0 versus Top 10 teams on the road. ... Indiana coach Tom Crean is 87-81 through five full seasons, but 54-15 since the start of 2011-12. ... The Hoosiers have been ranked nationally for 31 consecutive weeks, the most since Indiana went 71 straight weeks in the rankings from 1989-94. ... The Big Ten coaching fraternity lost one member Saturday when Northwestern fired Bill Carmody after 13 seasons and a 192-210 overall record, four NIT appearances but none in the NCAA tournament.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Beata Nelson continues her swimming domination
- Steenkamp parents satisfied on Pistorius term
- Badger basketball focused on 2014-15 season
- Darlington aims for night football in 2015
- Man City stunned behind closed doors in Moscow
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Is Oscar Pistorius' athletic career finished?
- Okla. State, NCAA respond to 'unfounded' allegations
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- SF tops KC -- in World Series ticket prices