NOTES: Wisconsin, which reached the Big Ten semifinals for the second straight year, also recorded its fourth win over a Top 10 team. The Badgers now have a school record seven wins over Top 25 teams this season. ... It was a tale of two halves on Friday vs. Michigan, as Wisconsin had a season-low 17 points and hit 17.2 percent in the first half, and then collected a season-high 51 points on 60.7 percent shooting in the second. ... No. 3 ranked Indiana, regular season champion and the top Big Ten tournament seed, will make the NCAA tournament with a high seed, but saw its chances for a top seed vanish with Saturday's loss. ... The Hoosiers are 7-1 against nationally ranked teams and 5-0 versus Top 10 teams on the road. ... Indiana coach Tom Crean is 87-81 through five full seasons, but 54-15 since the start of 2011-12. ... The Hoosiers have been ranked nationally for 31 consecutive weeks, the most since Indiana went 71 straight weeks in the rankings from 1989-94. ... The Big Ten coaching fraternity lost one member Saturday when Northwestern fired Bill Carmody after 13 seasons and a 192-210 overall record, four NIT appearances but none in the NCAA tournament.
Latest Sports Headlines
- ALS-stricken Shaw 'not scared to die'
- Steelers' Bell, Blount arrested
- Ex-Bills QB Kelly gets positive medical report
- Burton to drive for Stewart again this week
- Familiar faces for Packers QB Aaron Rodgers
- Stave, McEvoy wait to hear call
- Giants increase hold on wildcard against Cubs
- Giants win protest; game at Wrigley will resume
- Indians continue shutout streak vs. Twins
- Cardinals sweep Reds