NOTES: Wisconsin, which reached the Big Ten semifinals for the second straight year, also recorded its fourth win over a Top 10 team. The Badgers now have a school record seven wins over Top 25 teams this season. ... It was a tale of two halves on Friday vs. Michigan, as Wisconsin had a season-low 17 points and hit 17.2 percent in the first half, and then collected a season-high 51 points on 60.7 percent shooting in the second. ... No. 3 ranked Indiana, regular season champion and the top Big Ten tournament seed, will make the NCAA tournament with a high seed, but saw its chances for a top seed vanish with Saturday's loss. ... The Hoosiers are 7-1 against nationally ranked teams and 5-0 versus Top 10 teams on the road. ... Indiana coach Tom Crean is 87-81 through five full seasons, but 54-15 since the start of 2011-12. ... The Hoosiers have been ranked nationally for 31 consecutive weeks, the most since Indiana went 71 straight weeks in the rankings from 1989-94. ... The Big Ten coaching fraternity lost one member Saturday when Northwestern fired Bill Carmody after 13 seasons and a 192-210 overall record, four NIT appearances but none in the NCAA tournament.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Tigers send out Scherzer for Game 1 of ALDS
- Sparano named Raiders' interim coach
- Michigan AD admits 'mistakes' handling Morris injury
- NC State's Doeren offers apology to Florida State
- Lions' Fauria injured while potty-training puppy
- Rafael Nadal on the comeback trail again
- FCC throws out NFL blackout rule
- NFL: Ref botched call on player's Muslim prayer
- Andersen like Badgers' grit
- Bryant on Lakers: 'Our mission is just to get better'