CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - Josh Gasser scored 11 points and No. 8 Wisconsin won a defensive struggle against Virginia 48-38 Wednesday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, giving coach Bo Ryan his 300th victory with the Badgers.
The Badgers (9-0) extended their best start since 1993-94 by limiting Virginia to 23 percent shooting (11 for 47), including a stretch of nearly 22 minutes spanning halftime in which the Cavaliers managed just three field goals.
The Badgers won going away despite shooting only 29 percent (15 for 52).
London Perrantes led Virginia (7-2) with eight points. The Cavaliers tried to make a run by speeding up the slow pace midway through the second half, but came up well short.
Joe Harris was called for a charge after a steal with Virginia trailing 43-36, and after Gasser made a free throw for Wisconsin, the Cavaliers missed three shots from within 3 feet on their next trip.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job