EAST LANSING, MI - Keith Appling scored 19 points to lead 10th ranked Michigan State to a 58-43 win over 22nd ranked Wisconsin in a Big Ten men's basketball game in East Lansing Thursday night.
The Badgers once again suffered through a cold shooting night, making only 4 of 23 three point attempts and 9 of 15 free throws.
Travis Trice hit a three-point shot at the end of the first half to give the Spartans a 25-18 lead.
In the second half, Michigan State opened a 21-point lead before the Badgers closed the gap in the final minutes.
Ben Brust was the only Badger to score double figures with 10. Ryan Evans had 9 points and 11 rebounds. Sam Dekker added 9 points.
Wisconsin is now 20-10 overall and 11 and 6 in the Big Ten. The loss eliminates the Badgers from any chance of sharing the conference championship.
Michigan State improves to 23-7 overall, 12-5 in the Big Ten.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick