ANAHEIM, Calif. - Wisconsin bumped and ground its way into the Final Four.
Frank Kaminsky had 28 points and 11 rebounds for Wisconsin, rallying the Badgers to a 64-63 overtime victory against Arizona in the West Region final Saturday night.
The Badgers (30-7) advanced to their first Final Four appearance since 2000 on Saturday night, and first for 69-year-old coach Bo Ryan, who earned his 704th career victory.
Nick Johnson had the ball with a chance to win, but he missed a shot that came just after the buzzer for Arizona (33-5), the top-seeded team that has yet to win a West Region final in Anaheim in four tries. Johnson led the Wildcats with 16 points, and Aaron Gordon had 18 rebounds in the relentlessly physical game.
In a post game news conference, Ryan asked student to be safe on State Street Saturday night.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job