MADISON - The Badger Volleyball team played their home opener at the UW Fieldhouse Friday night. Wisconsin won the first two sets of the match 25-22, 25-21. Kansas stormed back to win the final three sets.
Wisconsin had a chance for match point twice in the fifth set, at 14-13 and again at 15-14, but couldn't convert as a KU kill, UW hitting error and Jayhawk block gave the win to Kansas.
The loss is the first of the season for the Badgers, who drop to 6-1 on the season.
The Badgers continue to play at the InnTowner Invitational on Saturday, facing Milwaukee at 11 a.m. and Bowling Green State at 7 p.m.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot