MADISON - Jake McCabe broke a 1-1 tie with just over six minutes left in the third period as the Wisconsin Badgers men's hockey team defeated number one ranked Minnesota, 2-1 at the Kohl Center Thursday night.
Frankie Simonelli started the scoring in the first period with a power play goal and Minnesota's Taylor Cammarata tied it with a power play goal in late in the period.
After a scoreless second period, McCabe got the game winner when he beat Alex Wilcox at the 13:47 mark of the third period.
Joel Rumpel made 31 saves to get the win in goal for the Badgers.
Wilcox made 17 stops for the Gophers.
Minnesota's 14-game unbeaten streak was stopped. The Gophers had been 10-0-4 during the stretch.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame