The Wisconsin women's hockey team scored five goals in the final two periods to beat Minnesota State 5-1 at LaBahn Arena Saturday.
Junior Brittany Ammerman set the tone for UW, scoring two goals to bring her season total to three. Senior Madison Packer and junior Blayre Turnbull each scored their first goals of the season, while freshman Sarah Nurse lit the lamp for the first time in her college career.
Senior goalie Alex Rigsby had 28 saves, including 15 in the third period.
With the win, Wisconsin improves to 2-0-0 this year. Their all-time series record against the Mavericks to 58-1-3.
The Badgers head to Minneapolis next weekend for a two-game series against reigning national champion Minnesota, with play beginning Friday night at 6 p.m.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot