MADISON - The Wisconsin women's softball team is off to its best start in over a decade - despite playing all of its games on the road this season.
The Badgers are 28-6 heading into a weekend trip to Nebraska.
They're ranked in the top 25 in the nation since 2002.
But because of the recent inclement weather, they're still waiting for their home opener.
Head Coach Yvette Healy says, "to play tough teams is one thing, but to always be on the road makes it twice as hard. The team's been working really hard and we can't wait to get back to Madison."
UW Junior Mary Massei added: "We want to make the NCAA tournament, and we're not going to stop until we do."VIDEO: Badger softball waiting for better weather
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB