Madison, WIS. - The Badgers softball team split a doubleheader Wednesday with No. 19 Nebraska at Goodman Diamond.
Wisconsin had won 13 games in a row, but they lost game one 12-0 in five innings. Taylor Edwards and Hailey Decker hit grand slams for the Cornhuskers.
Game 2 was a different story as the Badgers earned its fourth win over a ranked team this year. They win game two 6-4.
The game was tied at 4 in the fifth inning when Chloe Miller hit a two-run home run to center to give Wisconsin a 6-4 lead.
This was the last home series for the Badgers.
They travel to Michigan this weekend for a three-game set starting Friday. It marks the last regular season series.
- James returns, Cavs beat Bucks, 102-95
- Badgers drop to 22nd in AP poll
- Usain Bolt: 'No hard feelings' after losing Olympic gold
- Madison Memorial, Sun Prairie move up two spots in final AP poll
- Towns, Wiggins combine for 56 in Wolves' 102-88 win vs Kings
- Wild beat Kings 5-4 on Granlund's overtime winner