MADISON - Tyler Barnes scored on a rebound goal to give the Wisconsin Badger men's hockey team a 1-1 tie with Michigan Tech at the Kohl Center Friday night.
It was a scoreless game in the third period when the Huskies took advantage of a Badger turnover and Blake Pietila beat Landon Peterson for the first goal of the game at 8:42 of the third period.
But with just under four minutes left in regulation, Barnes scored a power play goal to earn the Badgers a 1-1 tie.
Both goaltenders made 30 saves, Peterson for Wisconsin, Kevin Genoe for Michigan Tech.
The Huskies and Badgers remain tied for 9th place in the WCHA standings. Tech is now 3-6-2 and Wisconsin 2-5-4 in league play.
Game two of the series is Saturday night at the Kohl Center.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers