MADISON - Former Badger hockey star Blake Geoffrion will host a number of former Wisconsin hockey players now in the NHL in a benefit for the UW Health Burn Center June 27th.
The event - the Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic - will be a scrimmage at LaBahn Arena with tickets going on sale May 23rd.
Among the players schedule to compete are Adam Burish, Tom Gilbert, Derek Stepan, Justin Schultz, Craig Smith, Brian Elliott and Ryan McDonagh.
"Hockey players are a tight-knit group, so I wasn't surprised that so many volunteered to play in the game. We're always willing to help each other out," said Geoffrion. "The fact that their participation will raise money for the Burn Center is icing on the cake."
- Warriors beat Spurs to reach 3rd straight NBA finals
- Nashville Predators advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Panik homers as Giants beat Lackey, Cubs 6-4
- Vikings' Zimmer to miss OTAs after 8th eye surgery
- Kepler leads Twins' offensive surge in 14-7 win over Orioles
- Badgers fall short in NCAA Regional Championship