MADISON - Former Badger hockey star Blake Geoffrion will host a number of former Wisconsin hockey players now in the NHL in a benefit for the UW Health Burn Center June 27th.
The event - the Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic - will be a scrimmage at LaBahn Arena with tickets going on sale May 23rd.
Among the players schedule to compete are Adam Burish, Tom Gilbert, Derek Stepan, Justin Schultz, Craig Smith, Brian Elliott and Ryan McDonagh.
"Hockey players are a tight-knit group, so I wasn't surprised that so many volunteered to play in the game. We're always willing to help each other out," said Geoffrion. "The fact that their participation will raise money for the Burn Center is icing on the cake."
- McGrady, Webber, Hardaway, Moncrief among 14 basketball HOF finalists
- No. 1 Badgers skate to 1-1 tie with No. 4 Golden Gophers
- Wisconsin women beat Scarlet Knights, 53-41
- McDade leads Monona Grove to WIAA swim title
- Edgewood stops Monroe, shares title
- Butler lifts Bulls to 104-103 victory over Celtics