MADISON - The Wisconsin Badger men's basketball team defeated Illinois 95-70 at the Kohl Center Wednesday night to become the first team in school history to start a season 16-0.
The Badgers built a 50 to 25 halftime lead thanks to a 20-0 scoring run in the first half.
Balanced scoring was again the key for Wisconsin as five players scored in double figures.
Ben Brust led the Badgers with 18 points, including four three-point baskets.
Sam Dekker added 17, Traevon Jackson and Frank Kaminsky 15 each and freshman Nigel Hayes added 11 off the bench for Wisconsin.
Rayvonte Rice led Illinois with 19 points.
Wisconsin moves its record to 16-0 overall and 3-0 in the Big Ten.
Illinois drops to 13-3 overall and 2-1 in the Big Ten.
The Badgers next game is Tuesday, January 14th when they play at Indiana at 6 PM central time.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame