MADISON - Gary Andersen begins his first spring as Wisconsin coach looking for a quarterback. The Badgers open spring practice Saturday afternoon.
Curt Phillips, Joel Stave and Danny O'Brien all started games during the 2012 season for Wisconsin, which won its third straight Big Ten title and went to a third consecutive Rose Bowl.
All return this season, along with redshirt freshman Bart Houston.
Andersen said quarterback Jon Budmayr, who sat out 2011 and 2012 with nerve problems in his right shoulder and arm, is done playing. He will be a student coach for the team.
Consistency and communication during the Badgers' 15-practice spring ball are what Andersen wants to see from his QBs.
He also said he doesn't anticipate naming a starter until preseason practice in August.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot