MADISON - Wisconsin Badger senior wide receiver Jared Abbrederis is one of 44 college football players named to the Paul Hornung Award "watch list" that recognizes the nation's most versatile college football player.
It's the second straight year Abbrederis has been named on the Hornung watch list.
Abbrederis is the nation's top returning wide receiver in yards per catch - he has a career average of 16.6 yards per catch.
Abbrederis also has the UW school record for kickoff return average with 25.8 yards per return.
He was the Badger's leading receiver in 2012 with 49 catches for 837 yards and five touchdowns.
Abbrederis is the fourth Badger football player to have 800 receiving yards in multiple seasons joining Travis Beckum, Lee Evans and Al Toon.
The winner of the Hornung Award will be announced in January.Abbrederis named to Hornung watch list
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame