(CNN) -- University of Louisville guard Kevin Ware, recalling the moments after he severely broke his shin bone in Sunday's nationally televised NCAA tournament basketball game against Duke, told reporters Wednesday how he tried to reassure his teammates he'd be OK and focus their attention on advancing to the Final Four. "(I said to myself), I'm either going to cry ... or I'm just going to try to say some words (to help the team). We beat Duke by 22, so I guess my word got through good enough."
Latest Sports Headlines
- Corey Hart to sign with Mariners
- Wisconsin will co-host 2016 Frozen Four - in Tampa
- Rodgers practices, waits to be cleared
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt
- NFL roundup: Jones back Cowboys DC Kiffin
- MLB roundup: D-backs get Trumbo, Rockies acquire Anderson
- Reports: Boise State hires Arkansas State's Harsin
- Could Saban be Texas-bound?