Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty underwent surgery on his shoulder earlier this offseason, but he is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, according to multiple sources. It is not known which shoulder McCourty had the surgery performed. In 2011, McCourty played through a separated right shoulder. The surgery was considered routine, aimed at strengthening the shoulder, and was performed shortly after the Patriots lost in the AFC Championship Game, sources said. While McCourty is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, the surgery has naturally affected his offseason, adding a rehabilitation element to it.
Latest Sports Headlines
- 2014 World Cup: Brazil vs. Croatia in opener
- Florida State, Auburn to square off for national championship
- UW heads to Capital One Bowl
- Badgers vs. South Carolina in Capital One Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Broncos trounce Titans behind Manning, Prater
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.