Wild 4, Predators 0: Dany Heatley recorded a goal and an assist while Darcy Kuemper made 23 saves for his first NHL shutout as visiting Minnesota cruised to its fifth win in six games this month.Jason Zucker, Matt Cooke and defenseman Marco Scandella also scored for the Wild, who have blanked the Predators twice this season. Charlie Coyle notched two assists and Kuemper evened his career record at 3-3-0 in 10 appearances.Rookie Marek Mazanec turned aside 19 shots for Nashville, which dropped to 1-2-1 on its five-game homestand.Heatley gave Kuemper all the offensive support he needed with just under eight minutes remaining in the first period, redirecting Coyle's shot from the top of the right faceoff circle past Mazanec. Zucker doubled the lead 2:12 later by converting a feed from Heatley in the low slot.Cooke made it 3-0 just 1:14 into the third as he received a pass from behind the net by rookie Justin Fontaine and beat Mazanec from the doorstep. Scandella capped the scoring with a wrist shot from the left point midway through the final period.GAME NOTEBOOK: Heatley's multi-point performance was his third of the season and second in as many games. ... Nashville C Paul Gaustad, who entered with the second-best faceoff winning percentage in the league (59.2 percent), won seven of his nine draws. ... Kuemper made five saves in the first period and nine in each of the final two sessions.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Braves sign Ervin Santana
- Schumacher showing 'small, encouraging signs'
- Oscar Pistorius: Expert, friend take stand
- Report: Nets will sign Collins for rest of season
- Broncos land CB Talib, SS Ward
- Bucs sign Pro Bowl CB Verner
- Chargers sign RB Donald Brown
- Offensive linemen lead NFL free agent frenzy
- Dolphins trade Jonathan Martin to San Fran
- Durant scores 42 as Thunder hold off Rockets