Pacers 99, Pelicans 82: Paul George scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as host Indiana stormed back from an early deficit to improve to 16-1 at home.Lance Stephenson scored 12 of his 19 points in the decisive third quarter for the Pacers, who trailed by as many as 14 in the first half. Danny Granger had 13 points in a reserve role and Roy Hibbert finished with eight boards and five blocked shots.Eric Gordon scored 17 of his 21 points in the first half for New Orleans. Alexis Ajinca added 17 as the Pelicans fell to 8-3 against Eastern Conference opponents, with two of those losses coming against Indiana.Stephenson had just five points at the break as the Pacers went into the locker room down 49-44. He buried a jumper midway through the third to ignite an 18-0 burst that included three technical fouls on New Orleans and was capped by a 3-pointer from George Hill that put Indiana up 70-57.The Pacers took a 78-63 lead on Luis Scola's basket less than two minutes into the fourth quarter and pushed the advantage to 22 points on George's 3-pointer with 5:24 left. The Pelicans, who were outrebounded 45-33, never got closer than the final margin.GAME NOTEBOOK: Indiana has won six straight meetings between the teams. ... New Orleans played without leading scorer F Ryan Anderson, who remained hospitalized in Boston after suffering a cervical stinger in a collision during a win over the Celtics on Friday night. ... The Pelicans, who entered ranked sixth in the NBA with a 38.2 percent mark from 3-point range, went 3-for-9 from beyond the arc.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Tommy John surgeon Jobe dies at 88
- McGinley names Ryder Cup vice captains
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Ex-girlfriend says Pistorius cheated on her
- WIAA sectional semi final boys basketball: Sun Prairie, Mount Horeb advance
- Minnesota tops Wisconsin 74-68 in OT
- Police: Darren Sharper admitted to two rapes
- Sheriff urges charges in Hernandez fight
- Verona hockey moves into state semifinals
- Devils' Kovalchuk penalty reduced