Grizzlies 120, Nuggets 99: Zach Randolph scored 20 points and Ed Davis added 17 as host Memphis handed Denver its sixth straight defeat.Ed Davis scored 17 points and Jerryd Bayless added 15 for the Grizzlies, who won for just the fourth time in 12 games. Mike Conley and James Johnson added 14 points apiece and former Nuggets center Kosta Koufos grabbed 12 rebounds to help Memphis to a dominating 46-25 edge on the boards. Ty Lawson had 20 points and eight assists and Wilson Chandler scored 19 points for Denver. Jordan Hamilton added 12 points as the Nuggets slipped a game below .500 and failed to reach 100 points for the 10th time in 12 games.Nate Robinson and Chandler hit 3-pointers to start the fourth quarter and pull Denver within seven before Memphis controlled the rest of the contest. Bayless capped an 11-0 run with a jumper to give the Grizzlies a 19-point advantage and Johnson's three-point play boosted the lead to 113-88 with 4:18 to play.The Nuggets trailed by six midway through the second quarter before finishing strong for a 56-55 lead at the break. Memphis opened the third quarter with a 12-2 burst for a nine-point advantage and increased the margin to 85-72 before adding on 35 more points in the final quarter.GAME NOTEBOOK: The Grizzlies enjoyed a 54-30 edge in points in the paint. … Nuggets PF Kenneth Faried (ankle) played 13 minutes off the bench after missing the previous two games. … The Memphis reserves were a combined 23-of-35 from the field while boasting a 62-34 scoring edge over Denver's bench.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Boys and girls basketball scores
- Lodi only area boys basketball team to qualify for state
- Packers re-sign Sam Shields
- Verona Boys Hockey wins State
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium
- Fan runs on floor, confronts Hawaii coach