No. 21 Gonzaga 86, Pacific 64: Kevin Pangos and Drew Barham scored 16 points apiece to lead a balanced attack as the host Bulldogs shot 69.2 percent from the field en route to their 22nd straight West Coast Conference regular-season victory.David Stockton contributed 15 points while Sam Dower recorded 13 points and seven rebounds for Gonzaga (14-2, 4-0), which was 10-for-13 from 3-point range but 22-for-39 from the free throw line. Przemek Karnowski had nine points and eight rebounds while Kyle Dranginis added eight points, seven rebounds and seven assists.David Taylor and and Andrew Bock scored 10 points apiece for the Tigers (9-4), who have yet to win a conference game (0-3) in their first season in the WCC. Sama Taku added nine points while Trevin Harris and Tony Gill had eight apiece as Pacific shot 31.7 percent from the field, but made 40 percent of its 25 3-point attempts.Pacific went more than eight minutes without a field goal as Gonzaga increased its lead to 24 before settling for a 46-25 halftime bulge. Barham scored 12 points and was 4-for-4 from the floor - 3-for-3 from beyond the arc - as the Bulldogs shot 63.6 percent from the field prior to intermission and were 5-of-7 from 3-point range.The Tigers chopped a 22-point second-half deficit down to 58-50 following a 12-0 run, with Taylor and Gill accounting for all the points. Gonzaga responded with nine straight points - the last five from Pangos with just over 10 minutes left - and maintained at least a 14-point margin down the stretch.GAME NOTEBOOK: Since the beginning of last season, Gonzaga is 46-5 and 25-1 at home. ... Barham is 20-for-35 from 3-point range in his last five games to raise his season percentage to 47.8 percent. ... The Bulldogs haven't lost a WCC regular-season game since a 66-65 setback at San Francisco on Feb. 18, 2012 and have won 23 consecutive WCC home games since a 73-71 loss to Saint Mary's on Jan. 27, 2011.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium
- Fan runs on floor, confronts Hawaii coach
- Brewers' Braun not frying under magnifying glass so far
- MLB roundup: Red Sox reliever returns after infant son's death
- Tommy John surgeon Jobe dies at 88
- McGinley names Ryder Cup vice captains