No. 18 Duke 67, Miami 46: Freshman Jabari Parker scored 17 points and recorded a career-high 15 rebounds and the visiting Blue Devils relied on their defense to win their fourth of their past five games.Duke (15-4, 4-2 ACC) won its first conference road game of the season by holding the Hurricanes (10-8, 2-4) to 35.4 percent shooting and outrebounding Miami 42-28. The Blue Devils only shot 42.9 percent and scored 15 points below their average, but Parker and Amile Jefferson each blocked three shots and Rodney Hood added 12 points, six rebounds and two steals.Donnavan Kirk scored 11 points to lead Miami, which missed nine of its final 10 shots in the first half as the Blue Devils opened a 33-21 halftime advantage. The Hurricanes finished 2-for-10 from 3-point range to lose for the third time in their past five contests.Duke jumped out to an 11-4 lead and, after the Hurricanes closed within 19-17 on Tonye Jekiri's basket with less than seven minutes left in the half, used a 14-2 run to open a 33-19 advantage on back-to-back dunks by Hood in the final 75 seconds. The Blue Devils scored nine of the first 11 points of the second half, extending their lead to 42-23 on Matt Jones' 3-pointer 2 1/2 minutes into the final period.Miami could not take advantage of a nearly five-minute scoreless drought by the Blue Devils, scoring just four points in that stretch to get within 47-35 with a little over nine minutes left. Duke pulled away from there, using Parker's three-point play and Rasheed Sulaimon's 3-pointer to open a 53-35 lead with just under eight minutes remaining.GAME NOTEBOOK: Parker recorded his fifth double-double of the season. … Duke snapped a two-game losing streak to the Hurricanes, avenging Miami's 90-63 rout of the then top-ranked Blue Devils last Jan. 23. … Miami G Rion Brown, who had averaged 15.2 points in his past five games coming in, scored just two points.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium
- Fan runs on floor, confronts Hawaii coach
- Brewers' Braun not frying under magnifying glass so far
- MLB roundup: Red Sox reliever returns after infant son's death
- Tommy John surgeon Jobe dies at 88
- McGinley names Ryder Cup vice captains