Connecticut 86, No. 22 Memphis 81 (OT): Shabazz Napier scored 25 of his career-high 34 points after halftime as the host Huskies posted their ninth win in 11 outings and completed a season sweep of the Tigers.Ryan Boatright rode an 11-for-12 performance from the foul line to finish with 21 points for Connecticut (20-5, 8-4 American Athletic Conference), which also secured an 83-73 win over Memphis on Jan. 16.Joe Jackson scored 24 points and Geron Johnson added 15 before fouling out for the Tigers (19-6, 8-4), who fell for just the second time in nine outings. After his long-range shot rimmed out as time expired to end regulation, Napier answered Michael Dixon Jr.'s 3-pointer with one of his own to give the Huskies a 79-74 lead. Connecticut continued its domination from the free throw to ice the game, outscoring Memphis by a 29-6 margin from the charity stripe.Phillip Nolan's layup gave Connecticut a 66-61 lead with 5:58 remaining in the second half, but Memphis exploited the interior to record an 8-0 run - capped by an emphatic dunk from David Pellom with 1:41 to play. Napier answered by converting both the layup and subsequent foul shot to knot it at 69-69.GAME NOTEBOOK: Boatright made a pair of free throws 6:11 into the first half to reach the 1,000-point plateau. Boatright, who entered the contest with 999 points, became the 48th member of the school's club. ... Memphis F Dominic Woodson missed the contest as he served a one-game suspension for inappropriate language. ... Huskies F DeAndre Daniels was limited to just eight points after torching the Tigers for 23 and a then-career-high 11 rebounds in the meeting last month.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Verona Boys Hockey wins State
- Wizards stop Bucks, 114-107
- Boys and girls basketball scores
- Lodi only area boys basketball team to qualify for state
- Packers re-sign Sam Shields
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium