Bobcats 110, Lakers 100: Al Jefferson matched his career high of 40 points and collected 18 rebounds as visiting Charlotte handed Los Angeles its sixth straight setback.Gerald Henderson added 20 points for the Bobcats, who have won the first two contests of a four-game road trip. Ramon Sessions recorded a season-best 13 assists for Charlotte, which had a 64-38 edge in points in the paint.Pau Gasol scored 24 points and Nick Young had 21 points but the latter was just 8-of-22 from the field. Jodie Meeks added 19 points for the Lakers, who lost for the 18th time in 21 games. Jefferson was 18-of-32 from the field while recording his seventh double-double in eight games. He scored 16 points in the fourth quarter as the Bobcats led by double digits most of the period. Jefferson had 18 first-half points and the Bobcats shot 58.1 percent from the field in taking a 62-49 halftime lead. Jefferson's basket increased Charlotte's lead to 20 with 5:24 left in the third quarter before Los Angeles crept within 86-74 entering the final stanza.GAME NOTEBOOK: Jefferson has topped 30 points in three consecutive games and has a stretch of 11 consecutive 20-point outings. … The Lakers allowed over 100 points for the 14th consecutive game. … Charlotte G Kemba Walker (ankle) missed his sixth straight game.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium
- Fan runs on floor, confronts Hawaii coach
- Brewers' Braun not frying under magnifying glass so far
- MLB roundup: Red Sox reliever returns after infant son's death
- Tommy John surgeon Jobe dies at 88
- McGinley names Ryder Cup vice captains