76ers 114, Nuggets 102: Evan Turner led seven players in double figures with 23 points and six assists as visiting Philadelphia sprinted past struggling Denver.Thaddeus Young added 17 points and 10 rebounds and Michael-Carter Williams recorded 16 points, nine boards and six assists as the 76ers picked up back-to-back road wins for the first time this season and improved to 3-13 away from home. Spencer Hawes knocked down a pair of 3-pointers en route to 13 points and eight rebounds for Philadelphia.J.J. Hickson had 19 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Nuggets, who have lost eight straight for the first time since the final eight games of the 2002-03 season. Wilson Chandler added 16 points and Ty Lawson collected 15 points and 11 assists.Philadelphia got off to a slow start and fell behind 30-24 after the first before picking up the pace with a 44-point second quarter. The 76ers buried five 3-pointers in the frame and closed the half with a 20-8 burst highlighted by six points from Young to take a 68-56 lead into the break.Denver pulled within 86-79 with 2:15 left in the third but Philadelphia closed strong again, getting a 3-pointer from James Anderson to highlight a 9-2 spurt and make it a 95-81 gap heading to the fourth. Chandler's 3-pointer with 3:09 left cut it to 106-97 but Carter-Williams responded with a jumper and the 76ers hung on down the stretch.GAME NOTEBOOK: The Nuggets, who led the NBA with a 38-3 home record last season, dropped to 7-8 in their own building. … Young had a streak of four straight 25-point outings come to an end but collected his third double-double in four games. … Denver shot 5-of-25 from 3-point range, with Chandler knocking down 4-of-7.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Verona boys hockey wins state
- Packers re-sign Sam Shields
- Wizards stop Bucks, 114-107
- Boys and girls basketball scores
- Lodi only area boys basketball team to qualify for state
- Stoughton, Sauk fall at team state wrestling
- Verona does it again: Wildcats knock off No. 1 Green Bay Notre Dame 1-0
- Girls Basketball Regional Basketball Scores
- Michael Schumacher 'still in wake-up phase'
- Army to face Connecticut in Yankee Stadium