The Blues departed for Vancouver this morning, taking with them a healthy Andy McDonald. McDonald will be taken off the injured-reserve list and is expected to be in the lineup Tuesday when the Blues face the Canucks at Rogers Arena. "I have to be able to play, go in there 100 percent and not hold back," McDonald said after the team practiced Monday morning, prior to the flight to Vancouver. "I think that's where I'm at right now." McDonald was injured Feb. 26 in practice when he collided with teammate Vladimir Sobotka in practice, and he's missed the last 10 consecutive games. There was some speculation that McDonald could have been ready to play during the team's recent three-game home-stand, but arguably the team's fastest skater, he said taking the extra few days to test the knee were worthwhile.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.
- Wisconsin Volleyball headed to Sweet 16
- Whitewater rallies to beat Linfield
- No. 8 Wisconsin holds off Marquette, 70-64
- Report: Lakers' Bryant to return Sunday
- Badger men's hockey beats Penn State, 7-1
- Bucks win in overtime in Washington
- Badger volleyball advances in NCAA tournament
- Yankees land free-agent Carlos Beltran
- Badger women's hockey defeats Bemidji State