The Toronto Maple Leafs activated goalie James Reimer off injured reserve and assigned Jussi Rynnas to the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League Wednesday. Reimer will be in the lineup Wednesday night when the Leafs host the Montreal Canadiens. Reimer will likely serve as the backup to Ben Scrivens. The 24-year-old strained his MCL in a 5-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Feb. 11 and was placed on IR. He rejoined the team at practice earlier this week.
Latest Sports Headlines
- 2014 World Cup: Brazil vs. Croatia in opener
- Florida State, Auburn to square off for national championship
- UW heads to Capital One Bowl
- Badgers vs. South Carolina in Capital One Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Broncos trounce Titans behind Manning, Prater
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.