The Toronto Maple Leafs sent forward David Steckel to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday in a move that frees up a roster spot for the potential return of Joffrey Lupul on Saturday night. In exchange for Steckel, Toronto acquired winger Ryan Lasch and Anaheim's seventh-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Lasch won the Finnish Elite League scoring title last season with 24 goals and 62 points. Lasch, a 26-year-old native of Lake Forest, Calif., also suited up for the U.S. at the 2012 IIHF world championship and had two assists in seven games in the tournament.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Weeks' homer leads Brewers to win
- Watt returns to Madison for charity event
- Report: Manziel thought about transferring
- Serena Williams clarifies rape case comments
- Astros sign No. 1 overall pick Appel
- Report: Bosch visited Rodriguez during ALCS
- Christie is a fan of who??
- Heat force decisive game 7 against Spurs
- Report: Ramirez no longer with team in Taiwan
- Blackhawks count on Hossa's return