With the Bruins keeping an eye on Sharks winger Ryane Clowe as a possible trade acquisition, Pierre LeBrun points out that Clowe would need to approve any deal: Here’s something important to keep in mind as the Ryane Clowe situation plays itself out before next Wednesday’s trade deadline. Clowe has a full no-trade clause. The San Jose Sharks have to run this thing by him in order to get a deal done. Which means if, for whatever reason, Clowe doesn’t believe a certain team is a good fit, he can nix it. Although, in the same vein, Sharks GM Doug Wilson did well by Douglas Murray in the move to Pittsburgh, and the sense is that Wilson and Clowe have a good line of communication on what’s transpiring. A solid playoff performance on a top contender would augment Clowe’s UFA market value this summer, so he’s not against a trade if it makes sense for him.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Corey Hart to sign with Mariners
- Wisconsin will co-host 2016 Frozen Four - in Tampa
- Rodgers practices, waits to be cleared
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt
- NFL roundup: Jones back Cowboys DC Kiffin
- MLB roundup: D-backs get Trumbo, Rockies acquire Anderson
- Reports: Boise State hires Arkansas State's Harsin
- Could Saban be Texas-bound?