New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter said the club has to move on since third baseman Alex Rodriguez accepted his year-long suspension.
Rodriguez withdrew two lawsuits he filed in attempts to have his Biogenesis-related ban overturned.
Jeter, who spoke at the Yankees' minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., on Monday, said he has sent text messages to Rodriguez since the lawsuits were dropped.
"He's not here for this season, so we're going to have to find ways to win with the team that we have," Jeter said. "It's a complicated situation, but it's pretty much played out. That's what has happened."
Major League Baseball suspended Rodriguez for 211 games last year after its investigation of the former anti-aging clinic and its links to performance-enhancing drugs. The ban was later reduced to 162 games by an arbitrator.
Rodriguez sued MLB and the players' union in federal court, alleging that arbitration process was flawed. He dropped the suits last week.
"You'd have to ask him how he feels about it, if he's glad that it's over with," Jeter said. "It's a situation that he has to deal with. Now it's over and it's done with, and we'll move on from there. But you'd have to ask him how he feels about that."
Rodriguez will be 39 when he is eligible to return next year. The Yankees owe him $61 million for the final three seasons of his 10-year, $275 million contract.