At least one Hawks player is looking at Sunday’s key matchup against the Nets with an eye toward the playoffs. DeShawn Stevenson said there is a something more at stake in the game. “It means a lot because we might end up playing them (in the playoffs),” Stevenson said. “We don’t want to be down 3-1. That game is important.” The Hawks have lost two of three meetings with the Nets this season, including a poor performance March 9 in a 93-80 loss at Philips Arena. The Hawks (36-29) have the same record as the Bulls, who own the tiebreaker, for the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference. They are two games behind the fourth-place Nets (38-27). The Celtics, who played the Bobcats on Saturday, would make it a three-way tie with win.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Lakers weighing options with Howard
- Mallards win in Battle Creek
- Report: Ellis to opt out of contract.
- Packers part ways with LB Bishop
- Mallards’ three-game winning streak over
- Driver would unretire if Packers needed him
- Former WR Johnson released from jail
- Colts' Pagano receives Halas Award
- Banks accuser to pay school district $2.5 million
- Ginobili lifts Spurs to 3-2 series lead