And then there was one. Warrior Kimmo Timonen has joined the Flyers’ list of walking wounded. Now, Luke Schenn will be the Flyers’ only opening day defenseman to finish the season in the lineup during this forgettable, 97-day season. The Flyers announced Tuesday that Timonen will miss the remaining three games of the season with a compression fracture in his right foot. His recovery time will be approximately 4-5 weeks. With Timonen out, the Flyers re-called defenseman Andreas Lilja from Adirondack on emergency conditions. They had already filled their allotted four call-ups from the minor leagues with Scott Laughton, Matt Konan, Tye McGinn and Jason Akeson. Either Lilja or Konan could play on Tuesday night against the Bruins. It would be Konan’s NHL debut, should he get the nod.
Latest Sports Headlines
- UW heads to Capital One Bowl
- Badgers vs. South Carolina in Capital One Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Broncos 51, Titans 28
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.
- Wisconsin Volleyball headed to Sweet 16
- Whitewater rallies to beat Linfield