The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers. The six-foot-two, 236-pound Ottawa native has scored one goal and one assist in 14 games this season, his lone marker coming on the Oilers' just-completed nine-game road trip during a 5-1 win over the Dallas Stars. Eager missed nine games early this season after suffering a concussion in a fight with Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian during the Oilers' season-opening game.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Garcia's sponsorship deal under review
- Boys golf team has unique No. 1
- Danks will rejoin White Sox's rotation Friday
- Penguins explode in third, take 3-1 series lead
- Flock, Petty, Jarrett, Ingram, Roberts named to NASCAR HOF
- Does basketball star's massive back tattoo have a typo?
- Canseco accused of sexual assault in Las Vegas
- James' layup at OT buzzer lifts Heat over Pacers
- Dodgers pound Brewers 9-2
- Jets rookie QB settles on Jay-Z as agent