The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers. The six-foot-two, 236-pound Ottawa native has scored one goal and one assist in 14 games this season, his lone marker coming on the Oilers' just-completed nine-game road trip during a 5-1 win over the Dallas Stars. Eager missed nine games early this season after suffering a concussion in a fight with Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian during the Oilers' season-opening game.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Extreme sports … worth the (legal) risk?
- Several stabbed after NFL football game
- Dennis Rodman set to arrive in North Korea
- NBA roundup: Lakers keep losing point guards
- NFL denies new deal reached with DirecTV
- Teen sensation Lydia Ko signs with IMG agency
- Verona hockey stays undefeated
- Packers' property purchases grow around Lambeau
- Guard arrested in theft of Lakers rings
- Aldridge's 30-25 effort carries Blazers past Rockets