wasn't planning on writing a FA piece on Dwight Freeney, but as it turns out, he apparently had a brief phone conversation with Adrian Peterson where the RB expressed an interest in him coming aboard the longship. (Hat tip to @VikingsFanPage on Twitter.) Normally when I write a FA piece, I discuss why it could be a possible good idea for the Vikings to pursue the individual in question. I'm going a different route here- I really don't think Freeney is a fit at all, and I sincerely doubt Spielman and co. will even bother placing a phone call. (Although they might, supposedly they are quite thorough.) A few things- yes, Freeney is (technically) a linebacker. Yes, he is a seven time Pro Bowler, and was never really one of those "hey let's pick Jeff Saturday over John Sullivan DURDEEDURRRR!!!" picks, either. Yes, the Vikings are in need of linebackers.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Chad Johnson says he's 'learned lesson'
- Falcons' Gonzalez named PFWA Good Guy
- Bus carrying Twins minor leaguers involved in fatal crash
- Red Wings' Datsyuk agrees to extension
- Heat is on James, Miami in Game 6
- Report: 3 Navy players to be charged with rape
- Scherzer becomes first to reach 10-0 in 16 years
- Arizona's Kennedy drops his appeal
- Report: Iverson's ex-wife claims he abducted their kids
- Radio hosts fired for comments about Gleason