wasn't planning on writing a FA piece on Dwight Freeney, but as it turns out, he apparently had a brief phone conversation with Adrian Peterson where the RB expressed an interest in him coming aboard the longship. (Hat tip to @VikingsFanPage on Twitter.) Normally when I write a FA piece, I discuss why it could be a possible good idea for the Vikings to pursue the individual in question. I'm going a different route here- I really don't think Freeney is a fit at all, and I sincerely doubt Spielman and co. will even bother placing a phone call. (Although they might, supposedly they are quite thorough.) A few things- yes, Freeney is (technically) a linebacker. Yes, he is a seven time Pro Bowler, and was never really one of those "hey let's pick Jeff Saturday over John Sullivan DURDEEDURRRR!!!" picks, either. Yes, the Vikings are in need of linebackers.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Boys golf team has unique number one
- Dodgers pound Brewers 9-2
- Jets rookie QB settles on Jay-Z as agent
- Woods: Garcia's fried chicken jibe 'hurtful'
- Report: 49ers' Crabtree has torn Achilles
- Report: Krzyzewski to return as Olympic coach
- Urlacher retires after 13 years
- Charles Woodson returns to Raiders
- Spurs escape in OT after blowing big lead
- Cavs win top pick in NBA Draft