A league source confirms to NetsDaily that former Mavericks guard Dominique Jones has been signed by the Springfield Armor, the Nets affiliate. Jones, 24, was claimed by the Armor after he became available last weekend when the Mavs released him. The 6'5" shooting guard is expected to report to Springfield and play on Monday night. RealGM first broke the news Friday afternoon. The RealGM report: While Jones received interest from two NBA teams since being waived by the Dallas Mavericks on March 9, the 24-year-old believes playing in the D-League will allow him to log significant minutes and continue to develop. Jones is still open to signing with an NBA team before the end of the season, preferably under a contract that is partially guaranteed for next season. "Dominique just wants to keep growing, keep improving, and he’ll get a chance to do that now," agent Michael Hodges said Friday.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Yankees' Teixeira returns to DL
- Brewers pounded in Houston, 10-1
- Mallards win again in Battle Creek
- Former Brewer's son joins Mallards
- Report: Clippers end talks with Celtics
- Chad Johnson says he's 'learned lesson'
- Falcons' Gonzalez named PFWA Good Guy
- Bus carrying Twins minor leaguers involved in fatal crash
- Red Wings' Datsyuk agrees to extension
- Heat is on James, Miami in Game 6