MOUNT HOREB - Drew Fredrickson hit a three-point shot at the buzzer to give Mount Horeb a 42-41 win over Oregon in a WIAA boys basketball regional semifinal in Mount Horeb Friday night.
Oregon took a two-point lead when Andrew McCauley hit a three-pointer to give the Panthers a 40-38 lead.
A free throw later gave Oregon a 41-39 lead with 11 seconds left.
After a timeout, the Vikings inbounded and handed the ball to Fredrickson. He had trouble getting a good look, then put up a contested shot that went in at the buzzer sending the Mount Horeb fans onto the court to celebrate the win.
In Stoughton, Monona Grove defeated the Vikings, 40-38, so MG will travel to Mount Horeb for the regional final Saturday night.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB