A woman driving the wrong direction on Highway 12 Sunday night was arrested on suspicion of fourth offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy said the vehicle driven by Valerie A. Moran, 47, of Madison, was spotted traveling east in the westbound lane before midnight. The vehicle was stopped as it approached Collins Ridge Road in Springfield Township.
Moran failed field sobriety tests and was also cited for going the wrong way on a divided highway and for having open intoxicants, according to investigators.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota