A woman driving the wrong direction on Highway 12 Sunday night was arrested on suspicion of fourth offense operating while intoxicated, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy said the vehicle driven by Valerie A. Moran, 47, of Madison, was spotted traveling east in the westbound lane before midnight. The vehicle was stopped as it approached Collins Ridge Road in Springfield Township.
Moran failed field sobriety tests and was also cited for going the wrong way on a divided highway and for having open intoxicants, according to investigators.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend