PARDEEVILLE, Wis. - On Wednesday morning, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office identified the women killed in Tuesday's crash.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office received a report of a two-vehicle crash on county Highway EE at county Highway E and Military Road about 11 a.m. The intersection is located approximately five miles northeast of the Village of Pardeeville.
The car stopped at the stop sign and then proceeded into the intersection into the path of a dump truck that was traveling west on county Highway E, according to a Columbia County Sheriff's Office news release.
The sheriff's office said the driver of the car was Nancy Duchow, 61 of Pardeeville, Wis.; and the passenger was Lori Laper, 52 of Wyocena, Wis. Both were pronounced dead at the scene Tuesday.
The driver of the dump truck, a 47-year-old man from rural Poynette, was transported to Divine Savior Healthcare with non-life-threatening injuries.
The collision happened just before 11 a.m., however, authorities said they would wait until the families of the deceased were notified before releasing names of those killed.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say