PARDEEVILLE, Wis. - On Wednesday morning, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office identified the women killed in Tuesday's crash.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office received a report of a two-vehicle crash on county Highway EE at county Highway E and Military Road about 11 a.m. The intersection is located approximately five miles northeast of the Village of Pardeeville.
The car stopped at the stop sign and then proceeded into the intersection into the path of a dump truck that was traveling west on county Highway E, according to a Columbia County Sheriff's Office news release.
The sheriff's office said the driver of the car was Nancy Duchow, 61 of Pardeeville, Wis.; and the passenger was Lori Laper, 52 of Wyocena, Wis. Both were pronounced dead at the scene Tuesday.
The driver of the dump truck, a 47-year-old man from rural Poynette, was transported to Divine Savior Healthcare with non-life-threatening injuries.
The collision happened just before 11 a.m., however, authorities said they would wait until the families of the deceased were notified before releasing names of those killed.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral