MENASHA, Wis. - Two women in the Fox Valley face hefty fines for stealing a dead deer.
A Menasha man bagged an 8-point buck in November and showed it off at a bar.
Two women argued with him in the bar, then later took the deer from his truck and drove it over as a prank.
"That's where their prank kind of went awry," Department of Natural Resources Conservation Warden Ryan Propson said. "They thought it was just going to be a prank. They ended up leaving and driving a couple of blocks and realizing they were dragging this deer along with them."
The women called a male friend to help them throw the deer into a river.
DNR officials issued the women tickets for larceny of wild game, a fine of more than $2000 each.
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say