MENASHA, Wis. - Two women in the Fox Valley face hefty fines for stealing a dead deer.
A Menasha man bagged an 8-point buck in November and showed it off at a bar.
Two women argued with him in the bar, then later took the deer from his truck and drove it over as a prank.
"That's where their prank kind of went awry," Department of Natural Resources Conservation Warden Ryan Propson said. "They thought it was just going to be a prank. They ended up leaving and driving a couple of blocks and realizing they were dragging this deer along with them."
The women called a male friend to help them throw the deer into a river.
DNR officials issued the women tickets for larceny of wild game, a fine of more than $2000 each.
- Groups call for tax changes to free up $900M
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer