MADISON, Wis. - Officers recovered shell casings early Tuesday from an area where gunshots were reported, police said.
The Madison Police Department said a woman told officers she was walking her dog around 5:30 a.m. on Shasta Drive when she heard the sound of voices arguing near Warner Park.
According to the report, a car sped past her moments later on Shasta Drive. The front-seat passenger had his arm out the window and was firing several rounds from a handgun. She could see muzzle flashes. Following closely behind the car was a van. It was also exceeding the speed limit.
Police said several area residents called 911. Officers recovered multiple shell casings from the road. There were no immediate reports of injuries or property damage.
- Motorcyclist loses control on interstate and suffers life-threatening injuries
- Wisconsin farmers help harvest corn after neighbor dies
- Car crashes into Stoughton home
- Wisconsin inmate says flawed FBI hair, fiber analysis forced him to take 50-year prison plea deal
- Motorcyclist dies and passenger injured after striking deer in Mazomanie
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide